Bucharest, essentials & beyond
When enough is simply not enough!
Bucharest is no longer the ugly stepsister of Budapest, lacking in artful charm and cultural stamina. It’s taken a while, but we can now safely say that it’s revealing striking depths and becoming one of the coolest capitals, full of activities and immersive experiences worth the trip.
However, with so many sightseeing tours and top ten attractions to choose from, picking the right one to satisfy your hunger for culture, history, excitement and entertainment is not an easy job. Spoilt for choice syndrome activated!
And why is that? For fear of making a bad choice and missing out on the best. We’ve been there, you’ve been there and, most probably, your most travelled mates have been there, too!
Hence, as cure for this ailment, we designed a Bucharest private tour that includes the essentials flavoured with your personal favourites and sprinkled abundantly with good mood and high spirits (no,no,no – not the 45% ones ;))
Set at the crossroads of East and West, many have fought over this city for centuries but none really prevailed. And for that Bucharest and its dwellers are a spicy mix you haven’t seen before. From royals to dictators, “dark ages” to Belle Epoque, Ottomans to Habsburgs, and Russian marxism to Western liberalism, Bucharest has seen it all and is not afraid to show it!
With a history aficionado at the helm, you’re ready to set sail for your Bucharest private tour of discovery. You’ll navigate through the historical landmarks of the city with the possibility to drop anchor and fish for information anywhere it tickles your fancy and makes your heart sing.
- Don’t think that the The Old Town is the only starting point for a “Bucharest on first date” tour. The city has some other aces up its sleeve, as you will find out.
- History, art, traditions, believes, politics and other curiosities that tickle your fancy!
- Us, going the extra mile for you. We might not know it all, but we take our job very seriously.
- No, we don’t visit the Palace of Parliament and Ceausescu’s Mansion. Why? You may go by yourself on the guided tours they provide. We can help you with the bookings though.
- A guide dressed with a corporate t-shirt and herding a large group. It’s not our style and that’s our promise.
- A walking tour like any other. We personally design and operate inimitable tours. No copy/paste monkey business.
- Morning or afternoon experience
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Run in English
- Group size: min. 2, max. 6
- 1 snack & 1 drink included
- Kid friendly
- Walking itinerary + public transport (if necessary)
- Individualised attention
- Price: 60-80 EUR/person
TAKE A PEEK
Enjoy this experience
We can either pick you up from your hotel (if it’s centrally located) or choose a convenient meeting point downtown. Details will be send to you upon reservation.
Of course. The only thing we ask you is to contact us first to inform about any allergies, intolerances or dietary restrictions. As we take them very seriously and we put much effort in accommodating them, we kindly ask you to be honest with us.
Our tours cover no more than 3-4 km, but since they’re all bespoke and private we can adjust to your pace or use public transportation when necessary.
Yes, all our tours are kid-friendly. We ask you to contact us first so we can discuss the details.