Scout & brunch @ Obor market
Where it all happens!
Bucharest might not be Barcelona nor Paris when it comes to local food markets, but if you’re more into gourmand experiences than parties, we’ve got you covered! Food covered!
There are few things we like more than a morning visit to the market: piles of colourful vegetables and fruits, weird variates of apples and even weirder varieties of herbs, smoked meats in all forms and shapes, kneaded cheeses of different textures and tastes, preserved goodies and artisanal bakeries, all ready to be washed down with local wines and beers.
We love our local markets and we think you will too, so we’ve “cooked up” a morning food market tour in the midst of the freshest, tastiest place in Bucharest: Obor market.
We’ll navigate amid little old ladies and self-sufficient farmers displaying the fruit of their land, ‘organic’ or at least produced with traditional farming methods. We’ll visit cheese and meat sellers, bakers and all kind of vendors before ending the tour with a gourmet spread, wine-soaked words and cheerful toasts!
And in the process, you’ll learn about our ways of farming, natural food and bucolic cuisine, why we eat what we eat and how religion and traditions are reflected in our diet.
Interested? Then skip the souvenirs and take home a few extra pounds instead! There’s no better way to get up close and personal with a destination than eating your way through a local food market and trying to keep a straight face while you’re bursting at the seams…
We’ll save a place for you on our next food market tour & brunch in Bucharest, just in case 🙂
- Meet producers, farmers, vendors, bakers, butchers and why not, famous chefs picking their ingredients from the freshest market. You will be escorted not only by locals, but people with deep knowledge and passion for their culture.
- An honest, unfiltered immersion in real, everyday Bucharest. Feel a true sense of community.
- Enough good food and drinks to satiate your hunger and quench your thirst.
- A choreographed tour with an exact number of food tastings and drinks as in most off-the-shelf food tours. Ours are flexible and suited to your taste buds and curiosity.
- Hordes of frenetic tourists chasing Instagramable vistas and speaking too loud.
- Pushy salespeople. Nobody will try to sell you pickles and bottles of wine. No commission is accepted from the places we visit.
- Morning experience (9.30am – 1pm)
- Run in English
- All food and drinks included
- Group size: min. 2, max. 6
- Kid friendly
- Suitable for vegetarians and gluten intolerant
- Walking itinerary + public transport
- Individualised attention
- Price: 60-80 EUR/person
TAKE A PEEK
Enjoy this experience
We can either pick you up from your hotel (if it’s centrally located) or choose a convenient meeting point downtown. Details will be send to you upon reservation.
Of course. The only thing we ask you is to contact us first to inform about any allergies, intolerances or dietary restrictions. As we take them very seriously and we put much effort in accommodating them, we kindly ask you to be honest with us.
Our tours cover no more than 3-4 km, but since they’re all bespoke and private we can adjust to your pace or use public transportation when necessary.
Yes, all our tours are kid-friendly. We ask you to contact us first so we can discuss the details.